A sculptor friend (Barney) wanted me to make a simple armature to be used in clay sculpture. Here he is working on a sculpture. He is an expert at miniatures
What made this a teeny-weeny complicated is that students tend to put on a lot more clay than required and tend to pull the armature while working. To deal with this I had to make it lot more stable.
I made a shallow hole using a fostner bit and then squared the edges to fit the vertical pole in the hole. This will increase the glue surface to hold the sides as well. Then I drilled a pilot hole from the back at the center and three corners and drove long nails in. Hopefully this will prevent the wobbling and pulling.
Barney will test this out and if he is happy with it, then I’ve got to make 10 of these!